Donating your time (on-site)
- Thursday dinner shift is from 6:30 to 9 PM. During this shift we serve an evening meal, pass out bedding and offer someone to talk to
- Thursday evening shift is from 9 PM to 1 AM. During this shift we welcome any late arriving guests, make sack lunches, and wash guests’ laundry
- Friday morning owl shift is 1 to 5 AM. During this shift we monitor the safety of our guests and wash any remaining guest laundry
- Friday breakfast shift is from 5 to 7:30 AM. During this shift we prepare and serve breakfast and clean up the church
- Each week we need to have bedding washed.
PADS (Public Action to Deliver Shelter)
Our Church is a PADS shelter for the homeless on Thursday evenings during the months of October through May. Volunteers from our church and throughout the community provide people with warm meal, a safe place to sleep, breakfast and bag lunch
What is our mission? For that last 21 years, part of our outreach mission is to support those most in need in our community. There are many, many people in our own area who do not have a home or enough money for healthy meals for themselves or their families.
A medical crisis in a family could put your neighbor into a situation like this. We support PADS to offer shelter and food for the homeless of our community. The First United Methodist and First Congregational Church is part of a network of churches who deliver shelter every day from October through May.
We are responsible for providing shelter and food every Thursday for those who are in need, serving anywhere from 35 to 65 individuals each day. We see people from families with babies up to seniors.
How can you help? We are looking for volunteers to work at the site on Thursdays, donate food, and to wash bed sheets and towels.
Donating your resources for PADS
- We always welcome monetary donations to help buy supplies.
- Each week we need an evening meal, breakfast, and sack lunches (sandwiches, canned pop, chips, and cookies). You can provide whole meals or any part.
- Commonly volunteers help one or two times a month. Do you have a few hours to help the most unfortunate in our area